Having Trouble Finding The Submissions to Your Forms? Fix A Common Form Submission Issue Yourself
You love your new website, you’ve used every tool to create a site that fits your business perfectly. Now you’re anxiously awaiting form submissions, but nothing seems to be coming through. If you’re only looking in your inbox, you may be looking in the wrong place!
After following a string of lost form submissions, I decided to share what I learned about this problem and give you a quick fix to get your submissions in your inbox every time. This fix only works for gmail, so if you’re using another email client, feel free to email me
Step 1: WordPress
- Sign into your WordPress site and head over to your dashboard.
- Select Forms
- Pick the form you want to work with
How Do I Change Where My Notifications Get Sent?
- Select Form Editor
- Click on Notifications
- Hover over the Admin Notifications link
- Choose edit
- Type in the email you want all of your form submissions to be sent to.
What Do I Do If I Don’t Have Any Forms?
- Click new form
- Add a field to track ( you can add more fields later)
- Click publish.
Step 2: Gmail
- Sign into your Gmail account
- Click on the gear icon and head over to Settings
- Click on the Filters and Blocklist tab on the top of the settings panel
- Click the Create Filters link at the bottom.
- In the from field, enter the domain of the email from WordPress. (everything after the @ symbol)
- Check the “Never Send To Spam” box.
Click Create Filter and you’re done!
This is an easy fix for a common WordPress issue. I hope these two steps will save you from the headache of searching for lost form submissions. Keep an eye out for more helpful tips!