Style Guide Template
*Uses The Force* This is the Style Guide Template you’ve been looking for…
Didn’t work? Oh well, it’s a great template, so I’m guessing you’ll download it whether I use The Force or not ?
The Style Guide Template is an ideal resource for two specific use cases:
- Marketers, business owners, or entrepreneurs who are still trying to define their branding (including colors and logo) and need a template to do so (a template that can then serve as a style guide for the brand)
- Marketers, business owners, or entrepreneurs who have a clearly defined brand and need to create a style guide for their coworkers, employees, and partners
If you fall into either of these categories, this is the guide for you.
This template is only going to walk you through the process of defining your branding — It’s not a cure-all.
If you’re not sure what to do with that branding, how to apply it to your marketing, or how that marketing should fit into an overarching strategy designed to grow your business, you’re probably going to want to get our ebook, Analyze Your Marketing — 13 Steps to a Clear Marketing Strategy.
Click the button to learn more about the ebook.
The Style Guide Template Helps You Define or Refine Your Brand for Employees, Partners, and Coworkers
Whether your business has yet to be formed or has been truckin’ along for awhile, the time will come when you’re going to need to define your brand beyond a simple logo and set of colors.
It’s often the case that existing brands develop their branding over time, that only a small amount of thought was ever put into the original branding, and that this worked for a while…
But the truth is, developing a style guide can save you a great deal of time (and money) when you really start marketing your business in earnest.
A style guide makes the process of creating marketing materials simple and streamlined, prevents coworkers, employees, and partners from misbranding any internal or external documents, and ensures that the brand you’ve worked so hard to build is always consistently applied and properly represented.
How the Style Guide Template Helps You
The template will help you do the following:
- Choose or clearly define the colors and fonts that properly represent your brand
- Define where and how your logo and its variants should be used
- Explain how photography should be used in all branding
- Provide examples of proper branding in action through an identity suite
- Clarify proper written communication for your brand
If you’re not quite up to snuff on style guides or their proper uses, this guide will walk you through that as well, but it’s not a complete solution — you’ll want to read our blog post on brand style guides too.
If you’re good and ready to rock, get the template and get to work!